Saturday, July 4, 2009

Note To Self

The word is out...Alana LOVED camp, and she did pretty well, all things considered. She had a blast and even showered everyday. ;) When we got to The Wilds to pick her and Nathanael up, they were having breakfast. I had to sneak a peak. I spotted her cramming french toast into her mouth, giggling, and generally causing an uproar at her table. She was wearing a hot pink stripped shirt with one of her dressy skirts. Oh, dear! She said that this outfit was all she had that was dry. Oh, my! Later, upon entering the little cabin full of Mommies, sisters, and little girls, I could not believe the huge mess! It had rained all week, so every one's wet, muddy clothes were in big plastic bags. Suitcases were lying open, clothes strewn willy nilly. I thought to myself that it would be a miracle if we got all Alana's clothes back to Lincoln, and was pretty sure that we would end up with some other little girl's undies or towel or something. Mikayla helped Lanie pack up, since there wasn't room in that tiny cabin for one more Mom. Back at home, as I unpacked, most everything went straight into the washer, and I noticed that a bunch of stuff in the suitcase was damp. When I asked her why things inside the suitcase were damp she said, "Oh, yeah, note to self...Never put your wet swimsuit into your suitcase with your dry clothes. It causes problems later."

1 comment:

  1. Hysterically funny!! I will have to remind mackenzie of lanie's note to self because I am pretty sure she has done the same thing! Glad she had fun though:)

    ReplyDelete