Monday, February 23, 2009

On Being Spirited Away


Is there anything better than being spirited away for a couple of days by your sweetheart? He didn't tell me what he was planning for Valentines day, so I was as surprised as everyone else when he announced on Sunday that there would be a pulpit supply for the next Sunday evening because he was taking his wife away for a couple of days. He wouldn't tell me all week long, so it was sort of agonizing for me. In a good way. Anyway, he found a great deal at the Lucerne Inn. We had a beautiful room overlooking the lake, and a cozy fireplace. Two sumptuous dinners were included, and he had a gorgeous bouquet delivered and waiting for me in the room. I must say that I was indeed impressed! ( maybe that's not quite the word for it, but...{;

No comments:

Post a Comment