Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Injury!




Yesterday, Alana was jumping on the trampoline during a break from her schoolwork. She came in limping and saying that she had landed on it funny. I looked at it, made lunch, and sent her to work on her math. She complained briefly about not wanting to do math while her ankle hurt, but being the suspicious mom that I am, figured that she just didn't want to do her work. She finished up all her schoolwork and then went back out to play. I said to myself, " I guess, I was right and that ankle isn't really hurt since she is playing again." Later, she came in limping again and sat in the recliner. She whimpered a little and said that it hurt more now. I reached down and pulled off her sock and was surprised by what I saw...a blueish, swollen ankle! I called Terry who came home to take a look. He was a coach and has seen many injuries. He wrapped it and put ice on it, and she was all set. I'm so glad he was there or I would have run her straight up to the emergency room. And all I could think was, "and I made the poor, little thing do math!"

No comments:

Post a Comment