Thursday, May 14, 2009

Remembering and Missing Dad on His Birthday












O Teach Me What It Meaneth


Happy Birthday, Dad! Remembering you today and missing you! We know that the celebrations in Heaven are so much better than we could ever imagine
This is a hymn that Dad asked me to find the words to. I think the words might have been found for him before, but I had never been able to find them. Well, I happened upon them the other day while searching for something else. It is sung to the tune of "The Sands of Time Are Sinking", another old hymn. Dad loved the old hymns. Mostly because they had so much to say, and I'm sure he felt that he had so much to learn.
My generation has mostly adopted contemporary music. But, just read this poetry and dwell on the deep, rich meaning. I love the second verse! If I was the only sinner, Christ still would have died for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment