Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Posted Note

 Here's how we knew that Mikayla had given it over to God. You can tell that my memory got a bit fuzzy. I'm glad that I went and found her actual note.

God knew what He was doing

by Mikayla Upcott on Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 3:32pm ·
       I am a meticulous planner. I have a plan A, B, C, D, ect under plan A alone. And if all those plans under plan A fail, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet. Before doing anything, I think through every scenario that could possibly happen so that I will be prepared. But God has a sense of humor, and His plans are not mine. He seems to delight in bringing something into my life that I haven't thought of, and whatever it is is generally something that should have been obvious from the beginning. I never enjoy switching from my plan to God's, but by now I should know that He knows what He's doing. Here are some examples of things that God did that show me how much He knows compared to me.
      1) God gave me a pastor for a dad so that there would be someone to get me back on track when I start throwing temper tantrums at God.
      2) God gave me a teacher for a mom so that I would be pushed to learn.
      3) God gave me a brother just 18 months younger than me so that I would have someone I could always count on to listen.
     4) God gave me a sister five years younger that would show me what miracles are and make me learn to relate to younger kids.
     5) God put my family in Lincoln, Maine, so that I would have a safe small town to grow up in.
     6) God gave my dad the pastorate at a small church filled with older people so that I would have lots of grandparents and know how to relate to adults.
     7) God had my parents homeschool me so I would get the best education I could have in Lincoln.
     8) God made it possible for me to go to Dublin Christian Academy so that I could continue to have a good education, broaden my horizons, meet amazing people, and be part of some pretty amazing ministries.
     9) God gave me awesome teachers.
   10) God gave me friends to challenge me.
   11) God gave me a best friend (Jess) who thinks on the same crazy brain wave I do. It's kinda sacry sometimes, lol!
   These are all kinds of things God has done for me, and that's not even close to everything! So why don't I trust Him? Why am I having such a hard time submitting to His will?
   It comes down to pride. I am proud of my well-thought-out plans, and I don't want anyone messing them up, even God. And that is the worst possible attitude I could have toward the One who saved me and holds me in the palm of His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment