Saturday, October 27, 2007

Alana's yearly bout of pneumonia




Here's Alana getting back at her schoolwork after her yearly bout with pneumonia. We thought we had made it through the winter this year without her being sick, but she caught a cold in the middle of March. It was a little scary this year because she was on a z-pac already. She was being treated for pneumonia when she suddenly spiked a fever and couldn't breathe very well. I rushed her up to the emergency room after the nebulizer treatment didn't help the second time. They admitted her, and she was there for two days. Of course, I didn't feel that I could leave her, so they put a cot in her room for me. Terry couldn't even spell me very much since it was Sunday and he had to preach. I didn't sleep well at all, so I was exhausted by the time we came home. I was still very anxious about caring for her at home, so I didn't really relax until she really improved. It must have taken me a month to recover from that. She's supposed to grow out of this, so our doc says.

No comments:

Post a Comment