Monday, October 29, 2007

School on Monday








Up and at it this morning. Terry and I are wicked tired this morning because we stayed up and watched the Red Sox win the world series. Yeah! Red Sox! We actually slept in a little and then I felt rushed trying to get the kids going on their work. I thought everyone might like to see our new schoolroom. We have had Mikayla in her own room because of the age difference between her and Lanie. Nathanael had the back room downstairs, where the schoolroom is now. Mikayla threw a major cow when I suggested that the girls double up again. I almost pushed that into reality, but then we decided to try having Nate and Lanie share. It's a short lived answer, we know, but since he is still young he doesn't seem to mind. We pulled out the day bed that we had in the girls room before, left out the trundle, and just took Nate's mattress up. He slides his bed under every morning. I papered half the room with ships, and left the other half in the girly paper that Lanie already had. We put bookshelves and crate style shelves up for him, and transformed the hall closet into a closet for Nate. It's working for now, and the schoolroom makes things so much easier for me. I can take a quick peek to make sure everyone is doing well. I can also run the vacuum or dishwasher or do other household chores without worrying about the distraction.
We spent the morning trying to figure out how in the world we are going to get to Michigan. We have checked JetBlue, Spirit, and even Greyhound. Right! Can you see me on a bus for 24 hours with three kids? I'd have only half a head of hair left by the time we got there, and definitely no sanity. I have so little sanity as it is, and none to spare. We can actually fly cheaper than if we were to drive. It's so expensive to travel right now. We may just have to never mind and go in the spring. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment