Thursday, October 9, 2008

Camp in the Fall






Yesterday, Terry had a day off with nothing pressing, so we gave the kids a day off from the school routine and headed to camp. We had some work to do out there, and we wanted to enjoy the kayaks before it gets to cold. It turned out to be a very sunny, warm day. It was beautiful out on the lake and we all really enjoyed the kayaks. Mikayla, Nathanael, and I enjoyed sitting out in the lake watching a family of loons. They were very close to us and I wished for my camera. Next time maybe I'll take the chance that it might get wet so that I can get some pics. In my humble opinion, sitting in a kayak in the middle of a quiet lake watching loons has to be the most relaxing thing on the planet!

2 comments:

  1. I am sooo jealous of the pretty leaves and color! Alas..that appears to be the one thing we will just never get her in KY. By the time the weather actually cools off for good, which as of yet is hasn't, the leaves just kind of fall off. There's a little change but not much...oh well, I guess I will just have to adjust since yesterday is was still 85 degrees! Is just seems very unnatural to me to be that hot in October. Lanie looks like she is doing great so good for her. Ainsley is enjoying her bike too. And why is it that you arne't listed as upcott when you leave a comment? I am thinking you must be logged into you account as the church blog..do they have different access e-mails and passwords?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you're missing the fall colors. They seem so vibrant to me this year! Yes, I have the church blog on the same account, so that is why I'm listed as Bible Baptist. I did it that way so that it would be easier to get to and I wouldn't have to remember a different password. Oh, well, I'll have to work on that, I guess.

    ReplyDelete