Friday, October 3, 2008

More Blessings and Other Stuff

Well, here it is October already. The fall colors are very vibrant here in Maine this year. So beautiful!

Alana's cold is all better and she didn't have to be hospitalized with pneumonia. Although she did end up with a touch of it, it was treatable at home. I think I'm getting pretty good at knowing what to do with her and when. It would just be "old hat", so to speak, if it didn't WORRY ME TO DEATH! So far the doc's prediction that she will grow out of this has not come to pass. Maybe this will be the year.


I was able to attend a ladies retreat in Camden recently that was really great. I was able to bring along one lady from my church as well my niece, Jessica. We had a good time and it was nice to see where Jess lives and stay with her in Rockland.

Many things have been happening recently which has had Pastor Terry running out of town and here and there. All that gas has left us a bit short in the budget area, so when we headed out to piano lessons yesterday, I had it in my mind to ask our teacher if it would be alright to pay next week. We pay him monthly, and he has said before that if we pay by the second week it is ok, so I figured it would be fine. Before I could say anything, he told me that we were paid up for the next three months. I asked, "How did that happen?" and he said that he was not at liberty to say. WOW! Isn't our God good!?! He knows what we have need of before we even ask. But...how to thank this mystery friend? I'll have to think on that. Lanie's third lesson was yesterday, and she is doing quite well. She is taking voice as well as piano, and we are hoping that these music lessons will help her learn to focus better and give her a boost in her confidence. She has always been so shy!

Mikayla's soccer team won a game the other day. She was pumped to have finally won. All the girls played very well, and we are hoping for a repeat today. She also has a teen retreat this weekend that she is very excited about. It should be a blast with all the kids from all around the state coming. Nate can't wait until he is twelve so that he can go.
Speaking of Nathanael, he is heading off to the junior high school four times a week for either band or a trumpet lesson. He is progressing very fast. His teacher has put him in jazz band, which is actually an honor's band. Why they call it jazz band escapes me. They don't play any jazz as far as I can see, just a little syncopation. Monday is his lesson, Tuesday and Thursday is sixth grade band, and Wednesday is jazz band. If I wasn't so sure that all of this is good for him, it would get old really quick running him over there every day. He also works on hymns to play for church and has played several times for special music. He and a friend that also plays trumpet are working on a duet to play soon. We are so excited to be teaching these young people to use their God-given talents in His service. And what a blessing it is to everyone in attendance.





2 comments:

  1. What about writing a note to the person and giving it to the person..you don't need to address the name...and sounds like the kids are doing great with their music! I want to get Mackenzie started in piano lessons as I just haven't looked into yet..oh yeah..and we don't have a piano. Hmmm...that's a bit of a problem...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That's a great idea. The kids and I made a card out my scrapbook stuff and gave it to the piano teacher to give to our anonymous friend. They all signed it.

    ReplyDelete