Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas






Here's some pictures of the kids on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. Pay no attention to the date on the pictures themselves. My camera apparently malfunctioned and put the wrong date on. Weird. Anyway, every year Nana sends them new PJs. They open them on Christmas Eve, which is a tradition that my Mom started when I was little. My Grandma sent me a new homemade nightie every year, and Mom let me open it Christmas Eve. It's nice to go to bed with something new and warm and fuzzy on, so since Nana started sending jammies, I continued the tradition. Thanks, Nana! We spent an afternoon over at my parents apartment with them, and my brother Carey and his wife Marie. Terry had to work Christmas Eve (Yuck!), so I got in a little more shopping. We didn't have the big Christmas meal this year since Dad isn't feeling well, and we weren't sure if he would have the energy for it. Our Christmas gifts this year, with the exception of gifts from Grandparents, were all made possible by monetary gifts from some wonderful folks. One man has given us a gift every year, but we really were surprised. The church folks gave us a gift. This on the heels of the gift that they gave us in order to make the trip to Michigan in November. They must really love their Pastor! Also, a little mission based here in Maine whose sole purpose is to encourage Maine pastor's and their families gave us a gift. We had told the kids that the trip to Michigan was our Christmas this year, and then I spent about thirty bucks each for a surprise. The Lord was good, and they made out like bandits after all. Several bills are paid off, too. To quote my preacher hubby, "He supplies our needs and sometimes even our greeds."

No comments:

Post a Comment