Friday, December 28, 2007

Lee Rand's Picture


OK, I got brave and asked Mr. Rand for a copy of the kids drink stand picture and I'm going to try posting it here. Yeah! I did it! Looks kind of funny after the snowy pictures, doesn't it? I just wish it was bigger, but.... The picture on his website is cropped and brought up closer. Mikayla started a mobile lemonade stand when she was about eight and this was a continuation of that. She put a cooler in the wagon and pulled it up and down Main street during homecoming weekend. She charged a quarter a cup, but everyone thought she was so cute that they handed her dollar bills and told her to keep the change. One lady even wrote to us and sent a picture of her that she took. Last year she felt like she was getting to old for it, but decided to do it one more year. When I mentioned this fact to someone buying a cup, they said that they would miss her, and that they looked for "Lincoln's Loveliest Lemonade" wagon every year. Who knew? It was a great way for her to learn about money, making change(when they let her), counting back the change, saving, spending, tithing. Even if you don't homeschool, you can teach this in the summer. When was the last time a cashier counted back change for you? I wonder if they know how.

1 comment:

  1. Well, came upon this site while surfing the 'net. I'm the photographer of the lemonade stand. I thought it was such a "cute" scene that I asked to photograph the kids one sunny summer day. It's on our "Business & Industry" page of our Lincoln web site at www.lincolnmaine.us. One of my favorites actually!

    My best,

    Lee Rand <><

    ReplyDelete